Taking good care of the skin near your eyes can keep you from looking tired and stressed. It can also help you avoid wrinkles and noticeable signs of aging. The following tips can help you look young and refreshed.
The following makeup tips can help you keep the thinner, fragile skin near your eyes healthier:
- Be very gentle when applying makeup near your eyes: Avoid pushing to hard or pulling on the skin. In most cases, it is best to use a brush to apply the makeup, but if you do use your hands, use your ring finger, since you’re likely to apply less pressure with that finger than your index or middle finger.
- Always remove your makeup at night: Leaving your makeup on while you sleep can lead to skin irritation, breakouts, and infection. Once again it is important to be gentle. When you’re washing makeup off near your eyes, use a soft cloth, cleanser, or petroleum jelly.
- Replace your eye makeup every 3 months: Germs that build up in your makeup can harm your eyes and the nearby skin. In most cases you should replace mascara, concealer, eye liner, and eye shadow approximately 3 months after you open them.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine consumption, since they can dry out your skin. Instead, drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated.
- Make sleep a priority. Without enough sleep, you’re likely to have bloodshot itchy eyes. You’re also more likely to wake up with dark circles and puffiness around your eyes. This can make you look tired, stressed, and old.
Cosmetic treatments can also help you protect the skin near your eyes. The simplest option is eye cream with the nutrients needed to protect the thin, fragile skin around your eyes. In most cases you should invest in special eye cream in addition to your regular face moisturizer.
Botox is another cosmetic treatment that can help improve the skin around your eyes. It can be used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and crow’s feet that make you look older.
As you age, the skin around your eyes is more likely to droop and sag. Sagging skin on your eyelids could interfere with vision, and bagginess under the eyes can make you look old and tired even when you’re well rested. Blepharoplasty is an option for removing the excess skin and giving you younger looking, more open eyes. Schedule a consultation at Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery to learn more.